What could be better than wearing your beautiful wedding dress once?
The 2nd time is twice as nice! There are several reasons some couples may choose to have a 2nd Day Shoot.
- They get married in the suburbs, but love the downtown scenery and don’t want to drive in traffic on their wedding day.
- The weather doesn’t cooperate on the wedding day.
- They get married in the winter but want some warm weather photos.
- They hired a different photographer and are disappointed with the results.
- Some couples hire me only for the 2nd day because it’s an economical way to get some beautiful images.
Whatever the reasons, the sessions are always fun and guaranteed to result in some spectacular images to supplement the wedding day photos.
I have even had a couple contract me for a second day shoot 5 years after their wedding! The bride had always been disappointed with the images another photographer produced for the wedding and after attending a friend’s wedding that I photographed, she hired me to create some artwork of her and her husband-the dress still fit perfectly!
While groom’s are not typically as excited as the brides about taking additional photos, I suggest compromise and bribery. Pick up some tickets for a game with your guy’s favorite team or perhaps a concert of his favorite music and make that night about him.
For Crystal and Mike, whose wedding was in the suburbs, it was an easy decision. Florist, Anthony Gowder Designs, even provided some fun bouquets to use.
Congrats to the happy couple!
Photographer: Andre LaCour Photography
Florist: Anthony Gowder Designs
Bride’s Dress: David’s Bridal
Bride’s Shoes: The Left Bank Jewlery & Bridal Finery
Hair & Make-up: Danielle Ruggiero
Grooms Suit: Michael Kors
Groom Shoes: Air Jordan I